Happy 10th Birthday!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wow, I can't believe it's been 10 years since I was sitting in the old McKay Dee Hospital with our very first baby girl. I remember the overwhelming feeling of trying to figure out how breast-feeding worked, whether or not she was getting enough to eat, how to change diapers and feeling the heavy responsibility on my shoulder of being in charge of this tiny thing. After a few weeks of practice it all seemed so natural to be a mom. Ashlan was such an easy going and calm baby...we were very lucky. She slept through the night at I believe 5 weeks and has gone with the flow ever since. :) I usually don't have to ask her twice to do something for me. She gets ready in the morning for school without me nagging at her and gets going on her after school chores the same way. Ashlan loves to play with Sophie and make her laugh. She doesn't always show emotion towards her sisters, but I know she loves them and would do anything for them. I hope these next 10 years will go a little slower (we all know that won't happen!) :) We love you Ashlan!

She wanted muffins and scrambled eggs for her birthday breakfast. We didn't plan anything grand today since we were having a big family party on Sunday. I took Krispy Kreme Donuts to her classroom for her birthday treat the day before because the 4th grade was having a pow-wow the last 1/2 of the day. I was able to volunteer for a few hours and help them with an Aztec Movie they did in one of their group rotations. They had made delicious scones as well for one of their rotations, so it made it all worth it. Ellie also found a new friend while there which helped keep her occupied.
While Ashlan's group was over at my station watching the movie they all lined up to do each others hair. Then one of the boys joined in at the back of the line. It was so funny! All the teachers in the background were laughing.

At the end of the night we let Ashlan pick a restaurant of her choice. She chose Red Lobster. Of course I went for one of their few NON-sea food dishes. The girls and Ken loved it though and we finished in the nick of time as Sophie started to fuss and the girls were done being quiet. :)

0 comments: