Offer Accepted

Friday, June 11, 2010

It's been really slow over here with the house selling. We have had a total of maybe 10 showings since we put it up. It had almost been 3 weeks since we showed it last when we got two showings within a day. Wednesday morning, June 9th, (which is exactly 2 months from when we put it up on the market) we got a call that an agent wanted to show it at noon. So after cleaning the house I grabbed the kids and headed to Wal-Mart for a few groceries. By 3:00 that afternoon I got a phone call from my agent, Betsy, that they wanted to put in an offer. They needed to get going on it pretty fast since he was leaving at 3:00 am for his job as a trucker. After negotiating 2-3 times we came out with a price that worked for everybody (for the most part). Obviously you want as much money out of a house you can get, but this economy pretty much stinks right now.

At first I wanted to refuse it, but Ken suggested we pray about it before we make a decision. I couldn't think straight because I was crying too hard, but Ken was sensible and prayed about whether it was right for our family and THEIRS. I was being selfish and was only thinking of our situation. This is what we wanted in the end, to be out of our house by July so we could start the building process of our next home and be in by Christmas. It was helpful to me to hear later from our agent that the couple is really excited to move in. I wanted to be able to pick and choose who moved into my house. I wanted to ask them the 20 questions and make sure they fit the image of the family that I wanted to move in. Unfortunately, you can't do that. We have felt at peace about it though and that is the one answer that I needed.

I definitely have mixed feelings about it. I knew this day would come, but I didn't know it would be as hard as it was the night we signed the contract. It would be hard no matter if it was this offer or the next, I just needed to separate myself from my house and the memories that I have had from the past 10 years. We will greatly miss all our friends, neighbors and ward members that we've been able to associate with...especially my girls. I am sad that everything my girls have known will change in the next month. On the other hand we are very excited to start the next chapter in our lives. We hope looking back in 1 year we'll see how Heavenly Father's hand has guided us to where we are suppose to be. We will officially be out on July 16th.

8 comments:

Jennie said...

Congratulations you guys! I'm excited for you. I hope there aren't any hold ups or problems with the closing! I think you will love your new area. (by Dicksons right?) Good luck!

Mechelle said...

How exciting Brindy! Are you coming over this way?

Brooke said...

It's definately a bitter-sweet feeling isn't it? Congratulations!

Heats said...

Wow, that is so hard! I am scared for that day when it is time to move from my house as we are slowly outgrowing it. Way exciting to build the same friendships in a new area. YAY!

Unknown said...

congrats! we are thinking about selling and moving in the next 1-2 years as well and it's going to be really bittersweet for us too! What a great exmaple you are to pray about it not just for your family but the other family as well!

Chrystie said...

CONGRATS! Good luck with all of the moving, let us know if we can help somehow!

Brande J. said...

Congratulations. It is one of the hardest things you have to do I think, especially when you have been there for so long. I'm sure as the house building starts, you'll be excited for your new adventures and new neighbors.

Smithfield home for sale said...

I'm so glad for you guys. I hope the whole process will go smoothly. I'm sure you will end up exactly where the Lord wants you to be.