Caitlin's Baptism

Saturday, April 24, 2010

It was a beautiful day for Caitlin to be baptized! It had been stormy all week and it cleared up just in time. Our Stake Conference is the first week in May so that is why they changed the Stake baptisms for the last week in April. She was the only one from our ward getting baptized this month so she was lucky to have the program all to herself. :) Grandma Teresa gave a talk on Baptism and then Uncle Doug gave a talk on the Holy Ghost.

Because each ward is only allotted 1 hour, the program needed to start on time, but as I was looking around it seemed like 1/2 my family wasn't there. I had given them the address, but no specific instructions on how to get there. I also hadn't warned them that traffic on the freeway could be bad with all the construction going on and to allow extra time. It seemed like we sped through the song and the talk and soon we were walking to the font. My two sisters ended up missing the baptism, but were there for the second half....I felt bad.

Baby Blessings and Baptisms are the same to me - STRESS! :) I want everything to be perfect. I run the day all through my head of how it is suppose to go and if it doesn't go as planned then it's all ruined. I literally could name off over 10 things that went wrong that in my eye wasn't "perfect". As I was venting to Ken he said "So you're probably mad that I messed up on the blessing, right?" I was like "No, not at all.". He said "So you could care less of how the actual ordination went, it's the stuff that nobody will ever remember or cares for that you spend all your time worrying about?" He definitely put things into perspective for me! I know this is something I need to continually work on by not stressing over the little things. Maybe I'll have this perfected by the time I start planning for weddings. :) (Let's hope I do!!)

I am so proud of Caitlin! She looked beautiful in her white dress and she was so happy when she came out of the water. I asked her if she wanted me to stand there and wait for her or if she wanted me to leave so she could do it all by herself. She was brave and wanted me to go out to watch. Caitlin was a little nervous because the water was so low and she thought she was going to hit her head on the bottom, but Ken did great and it all went smoothly. I could tell a difference in her countenance as we were getting her ready for the confirmation. She had a glow about her and at one point she was actually jumping up and down for joy. :) I hope she will always remember this special day and all the love our family and friends have for her!

4 comments:

Tami said...

We love you, and are so proud of you for making this great decision Caitlin!!

Smithfield home for sale said...

Caitlin looks so beautiful, she is such a sweet little girl, and I'm glad that she had a wonderful day!

Lexie said...

Great choice Caitlin! You look so pretty. You are getting so old. I still remember you as a baby!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Way to run in the rain! I too am sick of the crummy Utah weather.

Your daughter is darling my 8 year old will have braces in her baptism pictures too! Way darling :) Have a great weekend.