It's Official!

Friday, April 9, 2010

I didn't think this day would ever come! Ken has wanted to move for at least 2 years now, but he patiently waited for me to get on board with him. You could blame it on my indecisiveness and/or stepping out of my comfort zone, but I truly believe it wasn't our time. Last year at this time with everything going on, I couldn't bring myself to put the house up on the market...it was a scary feeling and made me sick thinking about it. Once I made that decision not to move it was a weight had been lifted off my shoulder and I was at peace with it. I've always said "I hope I will know when it is time to move and I will have that feeling"...that time is now.

I've always wondered how people could get the guts to put a sign in their front yard - letting the neighbors all know that you are leaving them and "betraying" them and the ward, I just didn't get it. I surprised myself when I didn't feel any of that as I saw the sign sitting in my yard, only sad for my girls who will lose their cute friends. As Ellie looked out of the window last night she said "What is that sign doing in our front yard?" I said "It's for people to drive by and say 'I want to come buy your house!" She then said as she started to cry "I don't want a new house, I like our house!" Of course that broke my heart as I hugged her back and almost broke out in tears with her. It briefly made me question my decision, but I knew that my original feelings hadn't changed. We've been in this house for 10 years this August. Ashlan was 8 months old when we moved in and this was the house the rest of our girls were brought home from the hospital to. There are lots of different emotions that go through me...we will be sad to lose good neighbors, to leave a great ward and to leave our first and only house, but I know there is a time and a season for everything. I am grateful for the peace that I feel as we go forward with this life changing decision. We still don't know where we are headed, but the sign is up. We're on to new adventures!

7 comments:

Mechelle said...

How exciting! Keep us posted on where you are going and good luck:D

Chrystie said...

Good luck Brindy! I hope that you and Ken can find your dream house (too bad the house next door to us is already sold...but I am sure there are others for sale near us!) :)

D'Neill said...

Good luck with the house selling and on to new adventures! Change is fun :)

Jennie said...

Wow! That is a BIG deal. The sign makes it seem so official. I too am wondering where you'll end up moving. Keep us posted. There is a nice house on my street for sale! You would love it. :)

Suzanne Aguero said...

I know exactly how you feel! My husband wanted to move to a bigger house a couple years ago. We decided to finish the basement instead. I know the time will come when we have to make the decision to move as well. It breaks my heart to think about it, but times change and so do we. Good luck!

Smithfield home for sale said...

Wow Brindy, that's a big news. I'm excited for you. Good luck house hunting, I'm sure your house will sell fast it's darling. Keep us updated on it.

Brooke said...

Wow! That's BIG! Good luck with everything!