Falling Leaves

Monday, October 4, 2010

We decided to go for a drive up the canyon to take some pictures after the 4th session of General Conference. We had heard the leaves hadn't really changed, but we decided to go anyway for a fun Sunday drive. We headed up to Snow Basin and found a short nice trail that went along the bottom of the mountain. I was going to bring my tripod to take some family pictures, but Ken talked me out of it. I teased him that without my picture taking that in 50 years nobody would even know our children existed. :) I don't want to forget any moment while our children are growing up. I had a few pictures of me while growing up, but nothing like my girls will have. It's also for my sake because I forget things so easily...I don't want to look back and forget these important years, I want to remember every little thing we did. Somebody will be grateful for my efforts one day. :)
We had a nice little walk through the trails and got some great pictures. It was a perfect day for it, the temperature was about 78 degrees. All the leaves hadn't changed yet, but enough for us to get some fall photos out of them. We'll maybe have to try in a couple weeks and take my tripod to get some family ones, since we haven't taken any since Sophie was born. Before entering the trail Ken noticed a sign warning us of rattlesnakes. The minute he said something out loud, Caitlin wouldn't stop thinking or talking about it. She was so worried that a snake was going to come and get her, she even started stomping around making loud noises so they wouldn't think twice about coming her way. It reminded me of Parent Trap...too funny!

We headed back to the car to eat some granola bars (since we hadn't had dinner yet). The girls all seemed to have a good time. After we got home my sister, Brande, called and said they were heading home from Logan and wanted to stop by to see our house. So we jumped back in the car and headed over there to meet them. We had a nice short visit with them before they had to make their way home.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute girls! Wish I was somewhere to enjoy the fall leaves and cool weather! Enjoy some for me! :)

Chrystie said...

Your girls are growing up so fast! Great job with the pictures!!